The New South Wales Masonic Club recognises the importance of your privacy and understands your concerns about the security of your personal information. We are committed to protecting the personal information that we hold about you. This describes generally how we manage your personal information and safeguard your privacy in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Collecting personal information about you:
As a Club, your personal information must be held in our membership database and is information collected directly from you. As the Castlereagh Boutique Hotel is within the NSW Masonic Club, your personal information will be stored in our reservations system. For example, we may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, when you make a reservation or through other correspondence (whether by letter, fax or e-mail), when you visit our web site or when you have contacted us in person.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information included in documents such as a membership application form or as required of our hotel reservation system (for example, your name, date of birth, occupation, mailing address, telephone number and email address).
Our disclosure statement:
The New South Wales Masonic Club collects personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you.
- to confirm and process your method of payment.
- to attend to your specific needs in respect of our services.
- to provide you with information about our business and to undertake other marketing activities.
If you do not provide the information requested, we might not be able to provide you with the service requested. If you are our customer, we may disclose your personal information to third party service providers, who assist us in providing services to you. It is not our policy to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients unless required by law to do so. Please see further details on this below.
Using and disclosing your personal information:
We will use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. We may also use or disclose personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main reasons we collect it, such as:
- Provision of information concerning the services offered by us.
There are situations where we are compelled by law to disclose your personal information to Government Agencies including but not limited to: law enforcement agencies, the Australian Electoral Office or the Australian Taxation Office.
The NSW Masonic Club may use the personal information we collect from you to inform you of upcoming events, offers, competitions, products or services. We may employ a third party to distribute such information. If you do not wish to receive this direct marketing information, please let us know or ‘unsubscribe’ from the electronic offer.
Overseas Transfer of Information:
It is unlikely that we will disclose your personal information overseas. However, if you agree to information being put on our websites then this could be accessed by anyone in Australia and by persons in other countries.
Using the Club’s websites:
Access to your personal information:
You have access to the information we hold about you on your behalf and can edit this information at any time when notified.
Accuracy, completeness and up-to-date information:
We take reasonable and responsible steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
We take appropriate steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also take all reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. We make our employees aware of the sensitive nature of your personal information and only grant them access on a need-to-know basis.
Within designated areas of the NSW Masonic Club, Members, Guests and staff will be subject to video surveillance for security purposes. Details of any suspected and/or actual illegal or undesirable activities taken place on the Club premises may be shared with law enforcement and regulatory bodies such as the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing and the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority.
How to contact us:
PRIVACY PROCEDURES, PRACTICES & GUIDELINES:
1. Data Storage
- Guest contact and credit card details are stored electronically in Choice Advantage Property Management System and the hotel server. Print copies are stored in the Cellar and Reception, both area are either locked or manned 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Data is accessible on site and by Management and Front Desk staff only. Staff must be aware of any non-authorised individuals in any of these areas.
- Offsite access is restricted to any person we elect to share our access to namely our IT Service contractor and Accountant.
- Choice Hotels has external access to the Choice Advantage system for updating and Maintenance requirements.
2. Information Protection
- Username and Password are required for accessing data in Choice Advantage . S. Personal passwords are to be changed every 3 months.
- Login details are not required when accessing email and data stored in Front Desk computers.
- Virus scan is performed in all three Front Desk computers periodically.
- Print copies containing guest credit card details are normally destroyed three months after check-out. Some booking slips are kept up to 24 months in case of commission claim from overseas travel agents.
Hotel & Club Administration:
1. Data Storage
- Members’ personal details are obtained from membership application forms either lodged directly with Administration or online via the NSWMC website. This information is stored electronically in Sanyo Membership software application residing on one of the hotel’s IT network servers. Hard copies of membership application forms are stored in a locked cabinet in the Administration office for a period of 2 years and then transferred to a secure area in the locked Cellar.
- Where Members’ credit card details are kept (ie where payment for subscriptions is made other than via the secure website access or in person at the NSWMC office), such records are maintained in a locked cabinet in the Administration office for 3 months before being transferred to a secure area in the locked Cellar. After a period of 2 years these records are then destroyed.
- Personnel and payroll records are maintained within the Wage Easy payroll software application and hard copies of information are stored in a lockable filing cabinet withinthe Accounts office. This office is locked every night and when the Administration office is unattended. Payroll data is accessible only by the Accounts clerk and the Accountant. The Office area is alarmed at night.
- No information relating to Members or Employees is kept in offsite storage. A back up hard drive is removed each day and kept with the General Manager. This hard drive is rotated each business day.
2. Information Protection
- Usernames and associated passwords are required for accessing data in Sanyo, and is accessible only from the Administration work station. Members’ personal data, including any financial information, is accessible only by Administration staff.
- Usernames and associated passwords are required for accessing data in Wage Easy and is accessible only from the Accounts and Accountant work stations. Employees’ personal data, including any financial information, is accessible only by Accounts staff.
- Usernames and associated passwords are required to access emails relating to Member information, which is stored only on the Administration PC.
- Usernames and associated passwords are required to access emails relating to Employee information, which is stored only on the Accounts PC.
- Payment processing is secure in that credit card and bank account details are not recorded on printed payment receipts or summaries.
- Destruction of records: After the prescribed timeframe for keeping the records on-site, physical paperwork is shredded so that it’s contents can’t be read and discarded off-site in an appropriate manner.
NSW Masonic Club &
Castlereagh Boutique Hotel.
Policy Last Updated April 2016